Last modified: February 17, 2023
Get the Bag, LLC (“Company” or “We” or “US”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.getthebag.biz (our “Website”), its subdomains, and all of the websites and internet properties owned or operated by us, regardless of the medium by which the Site is accessed by Users (e.g., via a web or mobile browser). The policy includes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing, your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information” or “PII”) will be processed according to the terms of this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
This policy is drafted to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”)). In addition, this policy is applicable to data subjects within the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom (collectively, the “EEA”). Therefore, this policy is drafted to comply with the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the U.K. GDPR (collectively, the “GDPR”). Users of the Website are under no statutory or contractual obligation, or other obligation to provide PII to us. For the purposes of compliance with the GDPR, we are the data controller of information we collect from data subjects through the Service. For the purposes of this policy, “data subject” means an identified or identifiable natural person located in the EEA.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit card information or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Get the Bag, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Get the Bag, LLC, about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “GET THE BAG IS FOR YOU IF YOU....” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Get the Bag, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The categories of Personal Information we may disclose include:
- Phone number
- Credit Card information
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of certain states or jurisdictions, such as California or the European Union, may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see GDPR Data Subject Rights and Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
GDPR Data Subject Rights
If you are a data subject located in the EEA, the GDPR grants you certain data privacy rights. Your rights include the:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request a copy of your PII.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any mistakes in your PII.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your PII.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to restrict processing of your PII.
- Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to our processing or your PII.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive your PII in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to Not be Subject to Automated Individual Decision Making: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
To exercise your rights, please use the Verifiable Consumer Request method described below. Please be aware that your rights are limited to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Cross Border Data Transfer
To deliver the services through the Service, it may be necessary for us to share data subjects’ PII outside the EAA. We may share data subject PII with Company affiliates and services providers located the United States or other “third countries” under the GDPR. In the event we transfer PII outside the EEA, we will take commercially reasonable measures to ensure the transfer complies with applicable data protection laws and PII is securely transferred. Our standard practice is to use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and the UK Information Commissioner’s Office to facilitate such data transfers. If you have any questions about our data transfer practices, please contact us at the Contact Information provided below.
Your State Privacy Rights
This part of the document uses the term “personal information” as it is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Categories of Personal Information collected, disclosed or sold
In this section, we summarize the categories of Personal Information that we have collected, disclosed or sold and the purposes thereof. You can read about these activities in detail in the section titled “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” within this document.
Information we collect: the categories of Personal Information we collect
We have collected the following categories of Personal Information about you: identifiers and internet information.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information without notifying you.
How we collect information: what are the sources of the Personal Information we collect?
We collect the above-mentioned categories of Personal Information, either directly or indirectly, from you when you use this Website.
For example, you directly provide your Personal Information when you submit requests via any forms on this Website. You also provide Personal Information indirectly when you navigate this Website, as Personal Information about you is automatically observed and collected. Finally, we may collect your Personal Information from third parties that work with us in connection with the Service or with the functioning of this Website and features thereof.
How we use the information we collect: sharing and disclosing of your Personal Information with third parties for a business purpose
We may disclose the Personal Information we collect about you to a third party for business purposes. In this case, we enter a written agreement with such third party that requires the recipient to both keep the Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose(s) other than those necessary for the performance of the agreement.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties when you explicitly ask or authorize us to do so, in order to provide you with our Service.
To find out more about the purposes of processing, please refer to the relevant section of this document.
Sale of your Personal Information
For our purposes, the word “sale” means any “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic means, a consumer’s Personal Information by the business to another business or a third party, for monetary or other valuable consideration”.
This means that, for example, a sale can happen whenever an application runs ads, or makes statistical analyses on the traffic or views, or simply because it uses tools such as social network plugins and the like.
Your right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. This means that whenever you request us to stop selling your data, we will abide by your request.
Such requests can be made freely, at any time, without submitting any verifiable request, simply by following the instructions below.
Instructions to opt out of the sale of Personal Information
If you would like to know more, or exercise your right to opt out concerning all the sales carried out by this Website, both online and offline, you can contact us for further information using the contact details provided in this document.
What are the purposes for which we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information to allow the operational functioning of this Website and features thereof (“business purposes”). In such cases, your Personal Information will be processed in a fashion necessary and proportionate to the business purpose for which it was collected, and strictly within the limits of compatible operational purposes.
We may also use your Personal Information for other reasons such as for commercial purposes (as indicated within the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” within this document), as well as for complying with the law and defending our rights before the competent authorities where our rights and interests are threatened or we suffer an actual damage.
We will not use your Personal Information for different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
Your California privacy rights and how to exercise them
The right to know and to portability
You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories and sources of the Personal Information that we collect about you, the purposes for which we use your information and with whom such information is shared;
- in case of sale of Personal Information or disclosure for a business purpose, two separate lists where we disclose:
- for sales, the Personal Information categories purchased by each category of recipient; and
- for disclosures for a business purpose, the Personal Information categories obtained by each category of recipient.
The disclosure described above will be limited to the Personal Information collected or used over the past 12 months.
If we deliver our response electronically, the information enclosed will be "portable", i.e. delivered in an easily usable format to enable you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance – provided that this is technically feasible.
The right to request the deletion of your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information, subject to exceptions set forth by the law (such as, including but not limited to, where the information is used to identify and repair errors on this Website, to detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activities, to exercise certain rights etc.).
If no legal exception applies, as a result of exercising your right, we will delete your Personal Information and direct any of our service providers to do so.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise the rights described above, you need to submit your verifiable request to us by contacting us via the details provided in this document.
For us to respond to your request, it is necessary that we know who you are. Therefore, you can only exercise the above rights by making a verifiable request which must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative;
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not respond to any request if we are unable to verify your identity and therefore confirm the Personal Information in our possession actually relates to you.
If you cannot personally submit a verifiable request, you can authorize a person registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf.
If you are an adult, you can make a verifiable request on behalf of a minor under your parental authority.
You can submit a maximum number of 2 requests over a period of 12 months.
How and when we are expected to handle your request
We will confirm receipt of your verifiable request within 10 days and provide information about how we will process your request.
We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt. Should we need more time, we will explain to you the reasons why, and how much more time we need. In this regard, please note that we may take up to 90 days to fulfill your request.
Our disclosure(s) will cover the preceding 12 month period.
Should we deny your request, we will explain you the reasons behind our denial.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless such request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In such cases, we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act on the request. In either case, we will communicate our choices and explain the reasons behind it.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.